Friday, November 7, 2014

Textile daydreams

Some things I'd like to make today:

---an Argyle vest for my guy.  I'd make a really crazy one as a joke ("Teach like your hair is on fire!")
And then I'd give him a seriously good-looking vest for a Christmas present.

--a Not-Sparkly Sweater for the girl who does not wear princess dresses.  It would be a quick knit in bulky yarn the colors of a swimming pool.  I'd add polka dots to the sleeves and wavy stripes to the body.  This sweater would make you want to jump up and dance.

--more embroidered squares for the Swamp Thing Afghan.  I discovered that I can weave in the ends of my knitting in Loud Contrasting Colors.  Really terrible colors can mix together in exciting new ways.  I added some extra ends just so I could sew them in.  It looks full of thunderbolts.

--knitted explorations, gauge squares in condo knitting, in kniting wool alternated with fish line, and in intarsia using variegated yarn

--I feel like making something furry out of yarn.  Maybe I'll go find that bag of fun fur.  I need to find out if it works to use two or three fur strands at once.  Plus I want to make wool fur using hairpin lace.

I ought to be super busy, but I have too many choices.  Can't decide what to do.  I wish I had completed the wolf costume in time for Halloween.  It's not needed now, but it's still on my mind.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment