Friday, November 14, 2014

Hairpin lace

One simple idea:  Can you use hairpin lace to make a string heddle?  Maybe it would be quick and effective.  I've got to find out!

What else can you do with hairpin lace?  Could you twine weave through the loose threads?  Maybe you could make a wool fur/pile.  How about a fake fur coat?  Could you make a very simple oya?  Something like the sequin crochet edge on my Turkish veil?

Don't tell me the veil is anti modern nor anti woman.  I find the veil to be quite practical.  I wish I'd been wearing my veil when I lit the wood stove yesterday.  It would have prevented scorched skin and smoke filled hair.  The veil is elegant yet modest, and much nicer than my baseball cap.  It's good for all sorts of things, multifunctional.  Anyway I prefer to appear without a gender in public.  I like the way Islamic women say that, "my beauty is only for my family."

No comments:

Post a Comment