Monday, November 24, 2014

Insomnia and amazing Russian knitting

Regarding the insomnia I have nothing negative to say.  Maybe I am adopting the segmented sleep pattern.  Being awake at night isn't hurting me yet.  There's plenty of time for sleeping when we're dead.  I hope people will tell me if I am overdoing it.  I can't tell.

I have a slight sense of burnout, a slight loss of interest in knitting.  Usually I am obsessed with needlework, but I stayed up late to look at over 3000 photos of Russian knitting.  There are so many new patterns that are not found in my knitting books.  It will take several days to sort through all my new discoveries.

I finished a square of the Swamp Thing Afghan.  I always look forward to starting the next square, but there's nothing innovative about this one:  I need three squares in plain black fun fur.  I'm putting it off for a few days.  In fact, I can feel my procrastination creeping into every area of my life.  Maybe it's time for coffee.

I just learned something about RIT dye.  I did not know that RIT dye contains both acid and direct dyes -will double check the facts later.  Someone on Ravelry.com said that you can dye t-shirts and wool in sequence all in one dye pot.  I did this with Tulip dye- it was very successful.  I need to learn more about this process, and why other dyers do not like it.

Here's a link to the RIT dye info on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/what-a-kool-way-to-dye/3064378/1-25

No comments:

Post a Comment