Saturday, November 15, 2014

Mixing colors

Just a brief report-  I mixed colors successfully.  Two variegated yarns, a plum purple mix with an autumn browns mix.  They look great in simple garter stitch, 2 rows of each color.  Next time I will use double point needles so I can see what one row of each color looks like.

I liked the mixed colors so much that I think I'm going to make a knitted bandana to cover my hair.  I need a new hat but there isn't enough yarn in these colors - it will have to be something small.  I'm using the 10 cm swatches of each color experiment: my best swatches will become organizers for my double point needles.  It's such a relief to have my knitting needles organized.  I have hope that someday all my things will be organized.  Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment