Monday, February 29, 2016

Ariadne

I found something today.  I had a hunch that in ancient times, the midwives may have used very sophisticated herbal medicine for pain relief.  And then some midwives would have lost the know-how causing spectacular failures that would lead to the persecution of witches.

Today's find: scientists studying spider toxins at the University of Queensland find painkillers in 40% of the species studied.  I want to link this to the story of Ariadne.  And it might explain why Mokosh is the goddess of spinning and weaving.

Edit: I guess that I was wrong when I said that the 3 Fates represent 3 plants.  Now, I'm thinking it might be 2 plants and a drug derived from a spider?

Material on this blog is not copyright protected.  Please credit my name if you republish.  I intend to cover my writing with a Creative Commons license similar to that used by Wikpedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment