Friday, February 12, 2016

Veronica

Veronica plant from New Zealand:  the bamboozle plant

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10608278

I find this article interesting.  It reminds me of the Wollemi Pine...  I'm not going to write much now.  But mayb I can add some material in a few days.  I was looking for Veronica teucrium but Wikipedia did not have anything.  One day, I'd love to be able to contribute to Wikipedia...

Anyway, I found Veronica teucrium in Wikipedia under another name:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_austriaca

I noticed some peculiar things about this plant.  Maybe it's just my imagination, but I wondered if this plant was special to women before Christianity.  Before the inquisition...  Somebody should write a novel about life in 5000 BCE...  That's where I keep going in my imagination, but I don't have much yet.  Not enough material for a story yet.

So, large Veronica was called Herb Marion... Why?

*** This is probably not related but I wondered if Veronica had some pagan traditional uses, kind of like Elecampagne.  So, I found pictures of Saint Margaret right next to the herb (could be totally random coincidence). When I looked up St. Margaret, I found lots of pagan roots.  Margaret seems to be linked to the Three Fates.  Here is the page that places Margaret as one of the Fates:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Holy_Helpers

Ok, now I am copying the key part of the Wikipedia page about the 14 Holy Helpers:

"At the heart of the fourteen were three virgin martyrs:

No comments:

Post a Comment