Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hedgerow mead

Exploring the possibilities of gruit.  I found a list of plants which contain... something.  Plants on this list could possibly have strange effects when combined with alcohol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sesquiterpene_lactone

I'm just having a good time as a Wikipedia nerd.  I've found traces of ancient herbal knowledge.  There are hints that of European shamanism.  Right now I am focusing on Elecampane and Burdock.

I don't like alcohol, but I might be curious enough to try a mixture of Inula, Arctium, Artemisia and alcohol.  Alcohol is a poison, but a very small amount might be safe.  Readers, if you are out there, please don't hurt yourselves.  I think I will have a drop in a shot glass for my birthday, just one.  But first, I'll do a great deal more research about hedgerow mead.

No comments:

Post a Comment