Thursday, May 18, 2017

Tell me about Heineken and Harlequin

I'm collecting words that relate to Harlequin for my blog.  I'm trying to write a page about how Native American cave paintings match up well with Spanish folk beliefs.  It's like this: when the Conquistadors met the Mexicans, they both carried really ancient beliefs in Harlequin as the wild man, giver of fire and leader of the hunt.

Can you tell me anything about it?  I know about Harlequin in the Comedie dell Arte, but I'm looking for much older versions.  Can you tell me if the beer named Heineken goes back to Harlequin?  Or whether the French city, Arles is named for Harlequin?

I'm also looking for anything relating to dandelion, wild lettuce, and chicory.  They contain 2 sedative drugs.  Any linguistic clues would be great.  I'm trying to show links with 1) the Taraskon dragon, 2) Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, 3) the German romantic Blue Flower, and 4) poppies and chicory on Turkish Isnik tiles.

Overall, I'm trying to understand pagan Europe.  I think that I can link Slavic Goddess Embroideries to medieval dragons.  I working on a new explanation for dragons. 

--->>> Dragons are drugs used to enter the spirit world.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment