Monday, April 3, 2017

Capo di Ponte, Alps, Italy

Found  this while looking for something else - a church in Italy that seems to blend pagan and Christian traditions.  I'm fascinated because maybe there's a hint as to the names of the two creatures on each side in the Goddess Embroideries.  Who are Saints Faustina and Liberada?

http://www.rockartscandinavia.com/images/articles/santea10.pdf  link to see the church of Saint Faustina and Saint Liberada, located at Capo di Ponte, BS, Lombardy, Italy.

I had a hunch that Baba Marta might have something to do with water.  I was hoping to find a new meaning to the song, The Waters of March.  I guess maybe I was just wrong about that.

What if there were another name for Capo di Ponte?  Capo di Ponte is "Head of the Bridge" in English.  I'm no good at Italian, but I thought up a homonym, Cavo di Putti, "Cave of Cherubs."  I just made that up, ok.  But it should be named that.  They have caves.  I like to imagine that women went there in the Middle Ages to pray for safety in pregnancy.

In this blog, I'll try to be clear about which are facts, and which are not.

Along the way, I read about Saint Wilgefortis, the strange bearded lady of the 14th century in Germany.  It's entertaining.  The best part - she was called, Sante Debarrasse, which is Holy Riddance in French.  I'm not sure if it will work but I could pray for help getting rid of my mess.  It seems she helped people get rid of abusive men in medieval times.  I don't need that, but maybe I need a little help cleaning my basement...


...

No comments:

Post a Comment