Sunday, January 1, 2017

Eglé the Queen of Serpents

I noticed a possible connection between folk tales from Lithuania and Turkiye.  I found these tales thanks to Pinterest.com

There seems to be a strong similarity between the Turkish story of the Shah Maran and the Lithuanian story, Eglé the Queen of Serpents.

Link to the Lithuanian story:  https://europeisnotdead.com/disco/books-of-europe/european-fairy-tales/lithuania-egle-the-queen-of-serpents/

Link to Wikipedia page about the Turkish story:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahmaran

I do not guarantee anything.  I may or may not research this further.  By the way, I am not afraid of snakes.  Well, not very much, maybe just a little.  Now that it is deepest winter, I can explore this subject without any worries.  I'm curious enough to go on with this because the other day I noticed that the Yazidi peoples may still know how to use snakes as medicine ???  It was just a brief mention on a Wikipedia page about Yazidis.

Again, I am not a pagan.  But I study pagan things (including Yazidi beliefs) because they are very ancient.  I want to know what our earliest ancestors thought about.

No comments:

Post a Comment