Friday, April 17, 2015

Knitted flower fabric

I am still trying to figure out how they knit it without buying the pattern.  I think I've figured out how "Tensfield" hat pattern works.  It was a three day struggle.  I really must buy a pattern from Martina Behm -so much knitting innovation.

I am currently trying to figure out how to knit that garter stitch fabric with square holes throughout.  It seems to be done without cutting the yarn.  I think there's something about dropping down and knitting back up while covering a trailing yarn...

Light bulb:  I just had an idea.  What if I knit a long narrow tape, loop it around in a circle, and then pass the end stitches through the beginning stitches...?  I could do this in the middle of a plain knit fabric.  Afterwards, I could draw up one side of the tape: knitted flower fabric.  I love draw-strings.  I've used them in everything I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment